Reply to Thread

Thread: Distribution house AI

Server
    Mermaid

Distribution house AI

How doas the distribution house choose, where to send the cart?

Because from what I have noticed, it's not very clever.
    What I would expect is this order of priority:
    1. deliver from buildings, that are full and therefore can't continue with production
    2. deliver from buildings that have products, which are missing in the warehouse
    3. deliver from the fullest buildings
    3. deliver everything else
    4. deliver from buildings, that are in range of the next level of production chain (i.e. I don't want the cart to waste time picking up grain, when I have a mill next to it and then waste millers time again, when he has to go take the grain from the distribution house)
    Last edited by BB_Nysard; 20.08.13 at 12:52.

Server
    Mermaid
    We had this discussion more than a half of a year on the german beta forums, and yes, there was an improvement, but the current distribution house AI ist still not satisfying. The priority for sending the cart is determined by the procentual charge of the storage. This causes the cart so prefer as target a lumberjack with 1 wood over a fisherman with 5 fish if your storage is filled with fish more than with wood.

Yes, it would be nice if full local storages of production facilities get a higher priority, but the current AI decides due to global storage allocation.

Server
    Mermaid
    well, that explains, why my carts are crazy for the wool, because I have almost none in store, everything is processed

Server
    Mermaid
    great solution for the primary resources: http://guidescroll.com/2013/05/anno-...uction-layout/

Server
    Mermaid
    Quote Originally Posted by drvic10k View Post
    How doas the distribution house choose, where to send the cart?

Because from what I have noticed, it's not very clever.
    What I would expect is this order of priority:
    1. deliver from buildings, that are full and therefore can't continue with production
    2. deliver from buildings that have products, which are missing in the warehouse
    3. deliver from the fullest buildings
    3. deliver everything else
    4. deliver from buildings, that are in range of the next level of production chain (i.e. I don't want the cart to waste time picking up grain, when I have a mill next to it and then waste millers time again, when he has to go take the grain from the distribution house)
    At least 2 other threads are also pointing to this issue, so hopefully shortly it will be fixed, especially because it should be really simple to do so. I would suggest some cosmetic changes to the above list (though it should also work fine, as it is):

1. do not go to a building, that another cart is going to;
    2. deliver from the closest building, that is full and therefore can't continue with production;
    3. deliver from the closest building, that shortly will become full (internal storage filled in 80% and producing more);
    4. deliver from buildings, that are filled in 60%, if it's the closest distribution center for those buildings;
    5. deliver from buildings that have products with lowest stock in warehouse, except the buildings that are in range of the next level of production chain.
    There are workarounds, sure, but why should we waste most of 2 Distribution Houses capacity, just to make sure, that our initial 2 deposits of stone are not being overlooked??? Especially, if fixing the AI should be really simple in this case.

Reply to Thread